Lou Reed @ Highline Ballroom, NYC, 4/30/07 ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Lou Reed @ Highline Ballroom, NYC, 4/30/07

Let me start by saying that I did not attend this show. I am a huge Lou Reed fan but $85 a ticket was too rich of a price for me. Based on the set list and reviews, it sounds like I made the right choice. The set list was composed exclusively from later period material (from 1988's New York onward).

Set List:
1. Dorita
2. What's Good
3. Last Great American Whale
4. Gassed And Stoked
5. Trade In
6. Sword Of Damocles
7. The Dream
8. Faces And Names
9. Who Am I?
10. Ecstasy
11. Baton Rouge
12. Magic And Loss
(encore)Rock Minuet

Rolling Stone posted a review of the show.

I don't need to hear Waiting for the Man every show but I was disappointed and a bit bored by Reed's Magic & Loss CD. With five of the songs performed at this show coming from this release, I'm glad I skipped the show.