A Camp (featuring Nina Persson from The Cardigans) Plays First US Show in Brooklyn ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Camp (featuring Nina Persson from The Cardigans) Plays First US Show in Brooklyn

Nina Persson/A Camp Play Union Hall on August 6thA Camp makes their US debut at Union Hall on August 6th and follow this up with a CMJ show at the Knitting Factory on August 8th. A Camp is the side project of The Cardigan's Nina Persson and these two shows will likely highlight new A Camp material as Persson is is working on a follow up to her 2001 debut solo CD.

Below are some highlights from a recent interview with Persson in Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter:

Right now I'm super-inspired by Adam & the Ants trying to recreate their wet drum-sound on my coming solo record. I'm even thinking about making a cover of "Prince Charming", I love it. From childhood all I remember is a poster with "Adam Ant" and thinking he was cool, says Nina Persson, visiting Sweden to hand out DN's culture award.

Six years after the solo debut with A Camp, Nina Persson has started working on a new album with Niklas Frisk and her husband Nathan Larson. She has started with a bang with half a dozen songs that are going to get lyrics about everything from Chinatown in New York to "animals in Africa".

When we rehearsed with A Camp we felt immediately that the music is taking a new direction. There will always be a little "folksiness" in me, but I don't dig in my country-drawer anymore. Right now what amuses me most is girl-pop from the 60s, 80's punk and David Bowie, she says.
Tickets for each show are only $12 and are (surprisingly) still available.

Links:
A Camp's Myspace Page