Ticket Scalping (OzzFest, Patti Smith and more) ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ticket Scalping (OzzFest, Patti Smith and more)

Occasionally, I'll buy heavily discounted tickets off of eBay to shows I am sort of neutral about and don't care enough about the band(s) to pay for a full price ticket. I can't think of anything (outside of The Jam or At The Gates reuniting) where I would pay scalpers prices.

I get a kick out of looking through eBay to see what tickets are going for:

- OzzFest tickets (at PNC Arts Center) are getting no bidders at .99 cents a pair
- Beastie Boys tickets (at McCarren Pool, Brooklyn) are going for $175+ a pair
- Patti Smith ticket (at Music Hall of Williamsburg) are going for $175+ a pair

I'd love to see the Beasties and Patti Smith but just I can't see paying almost $100 per ticket. OzzFest ticket prices are a bit closer to my speed. I'll have to check out the lineup of bands to see if it is worth driving out to NJ for the show.

Last year, I was sitting in the Brooklyn Brewery on a Saturday afternoon and they were trying to give away a free pair of OzzFest tickets (to the show on Randall's Island that same day) and I don't think they had any takers.

Links:
OzzFest (link)