Good Night, States are Playing Supreme Trading Tomorrow Night ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Friday, August 01, 2008

Good Night, States are Playing Supreme Trading Tomorrow Night

Good Night, States are Playing Supreme Trading Tomorrow (August 2nd) NightI love it when a band that I am not familiar with puts out a disc that grabs my attention. I was planning on reviewing metal CDs tonight but thought I'd listen to a track or two from Good Night, States' new disc Short Films of Self-Control just to hear what the band sounds like. I've now listened to the whole disc through.

The band's music is solid, thoughtful indie-rock but it is the multi-part harmonies, the tasteful synth/piano and the multi-instrument/multi-layers of sound that grabbed and held my attention throughout the disc. This is good stuff...

Check out a couple of the tracks from this release:
Only Thing
The Family Dark

Good Night, States have been releasing singles as "name-your-price" downloads on the 1st and 15th of each month since April 2008 so keep an eye on the band's website for new material.

Tickets are $10 for tomorrow's show and the band is playing with The Shackeltons and Skeleton Breath.