Husker Du: More on Live EP From 1982/3 ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Husker Du: More on Live EP From 1982/3

Grant Hart Releases Live Husker Du EP as a Tribute to John CleggAn earlier post on this new Husker Du EP seemed to generate a lot of interest so I wanted to follow it up with an update.

I just got back from a week-long trip to Minneapolis and I spent one night at Grumpy's Bar. As I hadn't yet tracked down a copy of the EP, I asked the waitress if there were any copies left over from the record release party and she found a copy in the bar's office. So...$10 later, I have the new EP.

I probably should have figured out in advance that J.C. is John Clegg. John played saxophone with the band in the early 80's and he died of cancer earlier this year. Grant wrote a detailed tribute/remembrance to John on the inside cover.

While there are only three tracks on the EP, it is about 20 minutes in length.

The tracks are:
- Drug Party, Duffy's, 4/14/82
- What's Going On, Goofy's, 8/12/83
- Drug Party, Goofy's, 8/12/83

and obviously John plays saxophone on all tracks.

If you can find a copy of the disc, it is well worth picking up. It is probably worth checking with The Electric Fetus (Minneapolis record store) or Treehouse Records to see if they have copies.