Oh My God Play Lit Lounge on October 21st (CMJ - Chicago Roots Rock) ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

Oh My God Play Lit Lounge on October 21st (CMJ - Chicago Roots Rock)

DOWNLOAD: Oh My God - "Baby, Dream" (from The Night Undoes the Work of the Day)

Oh My God (Chicago Roots Rock) Play Lit Lounge on October 21stThe CMJ Music Marathon madness starts on Tuesday and Chicago's Oh My God is coming into town for a show at Lit Lounge on Wednesday, Oct. 21st.

Oh My God has just released their newest CD, The Night Undoes the Work of the Day, on Split Red Records and the disc is getting great reviews. Here is what Time Out Chicago said about the band: "Oh My God crafts music that employs the unlikely juxtaposition of Krautrock/prog architecture and Midwestern pop sensibilities....This hard-touring band has always been so good live that we've counted them as favorites....Onstage the trio sells it to the crowd with such energy, joy and power that we've often confused it for an actual noise or punk or hard-rock band--odd, considering that there are no guitars."



Oh My God is playing Lit Lounge on October 21st with The Black Watch, Binary Sunrise and Tiger!Shit!Tiger!Tiger!. Without a CMJ badge, cover is $6.00

Links:
Oh My God's MySpace Profile