Earlove Hi-Fi Earplugs: Best Concert Earplugs That I've Used ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Earlove Hi-Fi Earplugs: Best Concert Earplugs That I've Used

Earlove Hi-Fi Earplugs - Best Concert Earplugs That I've FoundAs I get older, I'm beginning to realize that I've probably lost some range of hearing after playing in bands for years and going to hundreds of concerts. The problem is that I would forget to wear earplugs half the time or use cheap (Rite Aid) foam earplug when I did remember.

I was at an Enforcer (Earache Records) show late last year at Europa without earplugs and didn't hear right for days. After this, I decided to get serious about wearing earplugs at all future shows.

I've worn Earlove Hi-Fi earplugs to the last two shows (both metal bands) that I've seen and they have been great. I can hear the full range of sounds clearly, get as close as I want (without getting being 'deaf; for days), and I've had no post-show loss of hearing. I don't think I'd see a show now without these earplugs - they are the same style as my iPhone headphones (and use the same technology as Musicians Earplugs™) so they fit so much better than a 'standard' foam earplugs. With these earplugs I was able to get up close (without the 'usual' post-show loss of hearing) for Your Demise at Santos Party House (see video) and Staring Janet Leigh at Fontana's.

Earlove advertises that "[t]he volume at a nightclub, for example, is usually around 105 decibels, which is louder than being in close proximity to a running chainsaw...Earlove Hi-Fi earplugs reduce the overall sound 20 decibels evenly across all frequencies."

Links:
Earlove's Website