Strippers at Rick's Cabaret Predict Oscar Winners ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Friday, March 05, 2010

Strippers at Rick's Cabaret Predict Oscar Winners

I've been sick as a dog this past week and didn't do much more than go to work and come home and go to bed. As I finally started to feel better yesterday, I got a much needed chuckle out of an email that I received from a strip club promoter entitled "Strippers Predict Oscar Winners". As a thanks for giving me a much needed laugh - I'm going to repost the press release.

Strippers Predict Oscar Winners (Rick's Cabaret)Our gowns on the red carpet at Rick's Cabaret are always a lot sexier than the ones in Hollywood", smiles 25 year old Alannah, 36D, 27, 37. “And besides, we take them off!" adds 22 year-old Monica, 33C, 24, 35, with a wink.

82 Rick's Cabaret girls at the midtown Manhattan gentlemen's club (58 blondes, 21 brunettes and 3 redheads) contributed their Oscar predictions and the results are in. The ladies forecast the following winners at the 2010 Academy Awards:

Best Picture - Avatar
Best Actress - Meryl Streep
Best Actor - George Clooney
Best Supporting Actor - Christopher Plummer
Best Supporting Actress - Mo'Nique

We're all really upset that Brad Pitt wasn't nominated for "Inglourious Basterds”, cries 23 year-old Tiffany, 34C, 25, 33.. “He's so hot, but I guess he already has the best award of all - Angelina Jolie!” she adds.

Can you believe Quentin Tarantino was nominated for Best Director?” wonders 22 year-old Kelly, 38D, 27, 36. “He doesn't even know how to spell!” she asserts….

The sad thing about my posting this is that I never go to the movies outside of taking my five year old to kids movies like Alvin & the Chipmunks and Thomas the Tank Engine. To give my two cents on the strippers' predictions:

Avatar - Ill Bill said it was boring; good enough for me
Meryl Steep - Doesn't she always win? Whatever happened to Glenn Close?
George Clooney - see above; obviously Dustin Hoffman or Robert Di Nero didn't make a movie this year
Christopher Plummer - Thought Captain Von Trapp had died a couple years ago...obviously not
Mo'Nique - No clue who this is or what movie she was in