Walter Schreifels Plays CD Release Show at The Studio at Webster Hall Tomorrow Night ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Walter Schreifels Plays CD Release Show at The Studio at Webster Hall Tomorrow Night

Walter & Arthur - Gorilla Biscuits, CBGBWalter Schreifels is playing a CD release show tomorrow night at The Studio at Webster Hall. An Open Letter to the Scene comes out today on Academy Fight Song and this is Walter's first solo disc. This new disc is described as stripped-down, mostly acoustic arrangements which includes a cover of Agnostic Front's "Society Suckers" and a reworking of CIV's "Don't Gotta Prove It" (which was written by Walter).

“I think it’s about time for me to step out there on my own for a while now because lord knows I haven’t been much good at keeping bands together,” Schreifels responds with a laugh when asked why for the first time in his musical career he decided to release these songs as Walter Schreifels. “It took me a while to feel confident performing solo and under my own name,” he continues. “It’s also been an adjustment not being in a band and having that kind of feedback and camaraderie to fall back on. To stay creative I needed to change the format and put the weight of it on my shoulders, which meant finding new ways of achieving the sound in my head.”



Tickets for tomorrow night's show are $10 and Walter is playing with Atlantic/Pacific and Jump Into the Gospel (free 4-track download).

Links:
Walter Schreifels